Equine insurance has been implemented in our country due to the great equestrian tradition and to protect our horses
We can insure our horse in two ways:
- - With a civil liability insurance
- - With life insurance and emergency surgery expenses.
Advantages and Modalities
Bloodstock insurance modalities cover two possible risks:
In the case of Civil Liability, we are protecting ourselves against possible claims for damages that our horse may cause to a third party. The owners of the horses are responsible for the damages that our horse may cause to something or someone. The Civil Liability Insurance will cover those claims for which we are civilly responsible as owners of the horse as long as there is a cause-effect relationship between what the horse has done and the damage that we are claimed. If you do not have this insurance or if it is a matter of non-coverage, the owner will be liable with his property for the damages claimed. That is why it is important to contract a Liability Insurance.
Regarding the Life of the horse Insurance, what we cover is that if our horse dies, the beneficiary designated in the insurance will collect the amount in which the horse was insured as compensation for the loss. In addition to the death, the equine life insurance covers other coverages that we detail below. This insurance is not compulsory, although most horse owners cover their animals with this insurance because it is a way of covering the operation for colic surgery, which is very expensive, open fractures, transport, expenses for the removal of the corpse, apart from the horse's insured capital. In other words, they have a very complete insurance for their horse in case what nobody wants to happen happens.
The horse insurance coverage offers the possibility of insuring your horse for the following risks:
- - All risks (includes the basic guarantees specified below).
- - Civil liability.
- - In addition to the above, it is possible to carry out personalized studies of the risk including additional coverages
- Humane Slaughter
- Hospital expenses for colic or serious fracture (300€ deductible)
- Transportation to hospital
- Removal of remains
- Loss of use (walking horses): 50% of the insured value with a limit of 2.000€. 1 year waiting period.
- Death and total and permanent disability of the regular rider due to an accident while riding the insured horse. Limit €10,000.
- Accidents of riders (up to 3 per policy): limit of 30.000€, 50.000€ or 60.000€.
- Extension of hospital expenses
- Loss of use due to accident